Hindu Satsang - Sunday School
Hindu Satsang Sunday School Registration
The first class of the academic year 2019 - 2020 will start on 09/08/2019.
Hindu Satsang is a non-profit organization, serving the Indian community in the Chicagoland area since 1977.
Fill out this online form if you would like to join or learn further about Hindu Satsang Sunday School:
Our Mission: We are in the pursuit of enriching children with our rich Indian culture, customs, traditions and providing them with an environment to absorb, practice, cultivate and to pass on our heritage to the next generation.
Hindu Satsang Sunday School is a great place for children to meet and interact with smart like-minded friends. Many of our students who have passed out of our school continued to learn Hindi passionately during their graduation. Our students feel proud of the achievement of our Indian community which makes them confident to converse without any hesitation about being a Hindu or an Indian. They don’t feel like an alien when they visit India, they can talk and mingle with their Indian families with ease.
Our Goal and School Features
Here are some of our Sunday School’s goals and uncommon but critical features:
- Hindu Satsang has been teaching children for over 25 years. All Hindu Satsang teachers and education coordinators are very passionate volunteers, experienced and dedicated to this initiative.
- Hindu Satsang Sunday School children get many opportunities to win scholarships.
- Children receive certificates and prizes on completion of the academic year.
- Our students get opportunities to participate in many of our cultural events/stage programs organized by Hindu Satsang during the year at Lemont Temple auditorium – like Ramlila play on Dussehra, Janmashtami cultural program, youth cultural events, etc.
- Once every month (4th Sunday), all Hindu Satsang family members get an opportunity to participate and listen to distinguished personalities/ experts and guest singers – followed by social networking with other families over Preeti Bhojan (lunch).
- Hindu Satsang is very popular for their awesome picnics, sports events for children and adults.
- Children are divided into different learning groups based on their knowledge level, all children feel comfortable in no pressure environment that is conducive to learning.
- Sunday School does not interfere with their regular school routine.
- Children can write articles and essays for our popular Hindu Satsang Monthly Newsletter (available in print and digital format).
In our Sunday School, children learn about:
- Hindi language (written and verbal)
- Hindi songs, shlokas, rhymes and poems
- Hindu culture and religion
- Epics like Ramayan and Mahabharat
- Exposure to Indian games like Chess, carrom board, etc.
- Indian festivals and religious events
- Children work on a presentation project related to India
- Learn about contributions by Indians in various fields.
Most importantly, children learn to be proud of themselves, contribute to society and make a difference, live peacefully in harmony and converse confidently about being an Indian and being a Hindu.
Get in touch with our education coordinators for further details.
Class Schedule: We have our classes on every Sunday (except the 4th Sunday of a month and major holidays). Drop off your child(ren) by 2 pm and pickup up at 4 pm.
Location: 95th Street Naperville Public Library Address: 3015 Cedar Glade Dr., Naperville, IL 60564
If you want to enroll child(ren) or donate for this good cause, please contact any of our education coordinators or just drop in between 2 pm & 4 pm during the session at the 95th Street Naperville Public Library.
To join the academic year 2019-2020: Must be 7 years or above as of September 1, 2019.
Fees: For the whole academic year (from September 2019 to May 2020), is $125 for the first child and $50 for each additional sibling plus $10 for the courseware/books for each child.
Enroll your child in Hindu Satsang Sunday School
If you are interested in signing up your child(ren) in Hindu Satsang Sunday School, please go to the following link, complete the form:
Please contact our Education Coordinators for further information:
Nand Parkash Garg - 630-750-6669
Divya Grover - 815-861-5530
Amitabh Gupta - 630-209-7319
Hindu Satsang Sunday School
Goddess of Knowledge, Music, Art, Wisdom, and Learning.
Play Saraswati Vandana below
Children learn to be proud of themselves, contribute to society and make a difference, live peacefully in harmony and converse confidently about being an Indian and being a Hindu.